lowercase is a creative department* based in sydney, australia.
the lowercase manifesto
bringing brands to life – that’s our thing! whether it’s rolling up our sleeves and building a new brand from scratch or working with an established brand to explore new creative directions, lowercase will promise a watertight delivery to ensure your brand is singing a clear and consistent message across all its visual touch points.
lowercase is fresh, hungry, and definitely judicious. we’re conscious of the changing tides of modern culture in all creative medium. this means we’ll be influenced by the great and the edgy, while understanding the importance of what will stand the test of time. all of our decision making is through considered design research. and nothing leaves the door we won’t proudly attach our name to.
we’re open to collaborative opportunities big or small and we enjoy partnering up with a diverse range of clients across different industries. our work is not just about graphic design, but projects that inspire us and others.
you’re passionate, driven and ready to sprout, right? let’s talk!
(*what in the hell is lowercase ‘department’?)
- 01 logo & identity design
- 02 brand guidelines
- 03 print design
- 04 packaging design
- 05 editorial design
- 06 event / campaign collateral
- 07 web design & development
- 08 edm design
- 09 e-book
- 10 art direction
other services extend to: photography, copywriting, videos/ animations
meet the team
lowercase is headed up by a two-piece band of sorts, whose background covers all things design + branding. please allow us to introduce ourselves:
…leads the duo, and takes care of creative direction and everything design. being the graphic designer / creative at stab magazine for six years (that’s 40-ish printed mags, btw) meant wearing a bunch of different hats, undertaking everything from print design, digital components, art direction and more.
…sits on the drums. having previously worked under a successful design agency, ryan lives and breathes brand development. his background roots in marketing and he’ll coordinate projects, as well as assisting the team with ideations and keeping the creative effort on schedule, on budget and on brand.
- “there are lots of good designers in the world who understand fonts and sophisticated design. the gents at lowercase have all the great design ability but their true art is how they interpret how a brand sounds. they create a soundtrack for your brand. it’s a true gift and what sets lowercase apart.”
- “we have a clear vision of what we want and what our brand stands for, and lowercase were easy to communicate that to. the boys envisioned what the brand was and delivered over and above our expectations. they were extremely responsive to any feedback and delivered a clean, minimal and timeless brand identity for us.”
- “cracking website on brief, brand, budget and timing. really pleased with the outcome that shin and ryan have delivered.”
- “we have worked with shinya over the last few years and without doubt one of the best service providers we work with, across all industries. lowercase’s work is always inspiring, fresh and exceeds our expectations every time. they really understand our brief and hits every deadline. i’ve never worked with anyone better.”
- “"as an active member of our creative network, and thoroughly impressed by the body of work they had loaded previously, we approached lowercase to take on one of our most prominent client facing documents. content heavy and with limited resources, the team at lowercase exceeded all expectations and delivered a slick, responsive outcome that now exists on our site for desktop and mobile downloads. it's always a pleasure to work with a like-minded and tech-able team to deliver results, fast."”